Quick order form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick order form

Hi, I have just set up our Actinic website a couple of weeks ago, every thing works fine. I have had requests from my customers if there is some way of having a quick order form where they can just type in the part number and quanity and go from there instead of searching through all the products and adding to cart then searching again and adding to cart so on and so on. If anyone knows if this can be done pritty easily please let me know. we are using Actinic business.

Have not tried it, but I would imagine it is possible to create a compact product layout page, populated with product duplicates, and with a single add to cart button.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I should imagine that you will always have to go by the "Add to Cart" method. There might be a way around this.

If I needed customers to be able to search for a part number, I would just use the search which would bring it straight up. Althought it might not be exactly what you are looking for.
      Barry Hughes
      H.A Innovations
      www.hainnovations.co.uk

Comment

thanks for your ideas guys, I will have a play around wit it and see what I can come up with, if you find any way to do it please let me know.
        Cheers, Steve

Comment

Hi

I requested this some time ago - V5 and been told it is being added to the wish list.

It still has not made it into the running yet, there is a number of problems and the main one is the way actinic uses the SID numbers, i have yet to find a work around but use the compact lines as a bodge.

This feature is common practice on most shopping cart software but alas i bet it aint in V8 either

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

At least I know Im not the only one that would like a feature like this, If an Actinic developer is reading this it would be a good little feature for the next relase (V8) or even an add on for V7 even better!

I use the RS Components website alot and they have a great quick order section on the home page, check it out and you see what I mean.

Cheers all
            Steve

Comment

Quick Add to Cart Form using just the Product Reference.

I got interested and have managed to add this functionality to V7. It was quite a lot of work (another all-nighter) so I'll probably post it as "Donationware".

It may need some testing, so if someone would like to try it out first, please let me know.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

I would be interested and am happy to make a donation to the cause. I just need to find a bit of time to fit ti in

could you tell me how it will work, i have some 3k products so would definately like this feature

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Hi, Darren

You simply drop a tiny form into your Act_Primary.html and use a new ShoppingCart.pl with extra functionality.

This has a Product Reference entry field, an optional quantity and an Add button.

Enter a ref, click Add and the chosen item is put into the Cart. You're left on the Show Cart page so you can Update, Continue or Checkout.

If you enter the wrong Ref you get a 3 second bounce page telling you the product cannot be found.

If you also put this form on the Checkout Primary template then you can sit on this page, adding products and watching the cart contents grow.

Comment

Sounds good to me

how did you manage to get around the sid number issue.

If it is as easy as that then i would love to give it a try, i need to check to see if i have already made some changes to my ShoppingCart.pl, just want to make sure, think i did one to the discounts only showing at the bottom of the products in the cart?

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

The patch adds 2 new routines to ShoppingCart.pl. One looks up the SID, given the product reference (there's an unused routine at the bottom of Cart.pm that does just that), the other adds a new calling method to the Cart script that extracts the passed in ref and optional quantity, looks up the SID (displaying Not Found error if unknown Ref), then passes the data on to the Cart.

The patch is done as a ReadMe of 2 changes to make to ShoppingCart.pl (one small - one big). That way it isn't version specific and can be applied to patched scripts.

Note that you are only passing in a Product Reference and optional Quantity. There's no way to select Components, Choices, etc. All you get is the basic product added.

Comment

Hi Norman,

I would be interested as well, happy to be a test subject.

Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

Darren, Steve

If you contact me by email and give me the address of the site you want to test this on I'll send a copy.

Comment

Very Interested in this

We would love to be a test site, willing to make a donation and would use it on www.nwbulb.com

Comment

Hi Rene

Use the email link to send me your email address and I'll send the patch for you to try.

That means I've got three test sites; which seems enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X