• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave

I made the entry on Tuesday

Enclosed Act_ReceiptPrimary.html

Confirm set as e-commerce site

Included full url for Goal URL i.e http://www.internet-workwear.co.uk/receipt.html

Any help apreciated
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

If you've included a full path to the receipt.html file, you'll probably need to include the full path in the call to urchinTracker().

I don't use a full path. My goal URL is simply /receipt.html.

Were you intending to paste your Act_ReceiptPrimary.html file?

Comment

Opps Forgot to upload then forgot you cant upload html
        Attached Files
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Take the path out of your goal.

Your goal says http://www.internet-workwear.co.uk/receipt.html but your call to urchinTracker doesn't have the same path.

Your call to urchinTracker is:

urchinTracker('receipt.html')

When a customer reaches your receipt page, urchintracker makes a call to the non-existent file receipt.html. Since there is no path it will look for this file in the current directory (your cgi-bin). Your analytics goal is looking for a call to http://www.internet-workwear.co.uk/receipt.html. i.e. a different file.

Make your goal simply /receipt.html with no path.

Comment

Dave

Just copies of the two google pages to see if I cocked up their aswell
            Attached Files
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Can't really tell anything from these two files as the cut and paste has left out your goal values. You'll know soon enough if it's right though.

Good luck!

Comment

Many thanks dave apreciated your help
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Dave

Managed to get it going ok, it was the double underline that threw me I had just used a single. Many thanks for your help

If I want to include the product management side to include products do I just include

UTM:I |sku/code | productname | category | price quantity | /textarea

Also how do you Type the vertical seperators my keyboard does not show these? at present cut and paste from your example
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris.

Glad you've got it working. Not sure what you mean by double underline though

I don't think the product details will work in this way as not all NETQUOTEVARS are valid in the Receipt template. Have a look at anqi's post in this thread for more info.

The vertical separators are SHIFT baskslash (\) on my keyboard.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by domino1
                      Hi,
                      The following describes what I have done to get Google Analytics working with Actinic. Use it at your own risk and keep in mind that if you've edited your template files the following may not be 100% compatible.

Dave
                      Hi there,

I'm using HSBC's hosted PSP service and have no SSL on my site as credit card details are entered only into the HSBC site.

Does anybody know if I follow Daves instructions as per the 1st thread should Google Analytics work for my type configuration ?

Thanks,

John
                      ps
                      I'm using Actinic Business v7.0.6

Comment

sorry to be dim

if i use protx then can anybody assist with what additional (if any) coding needs to go into my shopping cart pages.

cheers

Comment

Would An Qi like a job working for our company Part time????

if so email me at jobs@kernelpower.co.uk

Kind Regards

Gavin ( Teamaker )

Comment

I've also been trying to get this to work - my payment details are taken on a secure server which is on a different domain - (eg my website is www.mysite.com and payment is taken on www.securesite.com)

I've been following the Google instructions about placing some code into the link from insecure to secure pages (ie. my check out buttons) but all that does is disable the link

Comment

Hi,

I set up the analytics code a few weeks ago, following the instructions from the first post. But analytics is still showing:

1.Autosafe Autoglass Eshop

Waiting for Data Check Status Conversion Goals (1)

I then added a profile yesterday to a different site and that one seems to be fully working.

http://www.autosafe.co.uk/autoglass/acatalog if anyone would like to check the code

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by vintagewinegift
                                if i use protx then can anybody assist with what additional (if any) coding needs to go into my shopping cart pages.

cheers
                                I use protx and no additional code was required to make it work just finger trouble

I hand coded in the line

"NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD;javascript:__utmSetTrans();"

as shown in daves handy notes but put a single underscore where in fact it is two underscores joined together
                                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                                X