No announcement yet.

Daves guide to Google Analytics with Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The beta is out now (check out the 'Other Discussions' group) and you could nab the code from there and put it in your v8 layouts without too much difficulty.

Or upgrade when the time comes

Comment

Any idea when that will be
      The beta is out today so you can test it today if you want (use your test site)

Comment

I am in a fix

I can't see these files on my server

Act_BrochurePrimary.html,
        Act_Primary.html
        Act_PrimaryCheckout.html

Please help. The store is live. I am helping my customer on google analytics. I do not have access to the orders he receives, Yet i want to know the value of a sale made in analytics. Just the total billed amout would suffice.

Please help

Nissi

Comment

I am in a fix - please help

I can't see these files on my server

Act_BrochurePrimary.html,
          Act_Primary.html
          Act_PrimaryCheckout.html

Please help. The store is live. I am helping my customer on google analytics. I do not have access to the orders he receives, Yet i want to know the value of a sale made in analytics. Just the total billed amout would suffice.

Please help

Nissi

Comment

Hi Nissi,
            Where are you looking for these files and what version of Actinic are you using?

Comment

These files are on your clients PC not the server. They are templates that will also contain the GA code. From these templates the online html pages are generated.

The actual order data is encrypted and downloaded to your client's PC with Actinic - you can't access it on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by domino1
                Hi Nissi,
                Where are you looking for these files and what version of Actinic are you using?
                I am using Version 7. I have searched on the FTP server.

Gilbert

Comment

Hi Gilbert.
                  You need to read Duncans post above...
                  These template files are on the PC that you upload the site from. They will be on the hard drive in the 'Site1' directory not on the server.

You need to be very careful when editing any of the Act_xxxx.html template files. The smallest of errors in these templates can very easily mess up the website.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                    New Google tracking code available so dont forget to update your sites
                    Where is the new code? On a different post?
                    I checked the first post on this thread thinking it was on there, but last edit from Dave shows '06.

A different post maybe?

Comment

Where is the new code? On a different post?
                      In your GA account

Comment

New analytics code ga.js

Hello

Can someone please clarify how to use the new analytics code with actinic? This guide works great for the old urchin code but there are differences in the code that make it unclear to use this guide with the new code, i.e:

urchinTracker('receipt.html'); ???? what replaces this line?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Regards

Ricketts

Comment

Originally posted by brabs666 View Post
                          urchinTracker('receipt.html'); ???? what replaces this line?
                          Google have published the following handy guide to converting from the old tracking code (using "urchin.js") to the new tracking code (using "ga.js"):

http://www.google.com/analytics/GATCmigrationguide.pdf

The new system uses a function _trackPageview(), as follows:

Code:
                          <script type="text/javascript">
                              var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ?
                              "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
                              document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +
                              "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
                          </script>

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxx-x");
                              pageTracker._initData();
                              pageTracker._trackPageview('receipt.html');
                          </script>
                          At least, I think that's right. I've just recently started adding the new Google Analytics code to several Actinic (v7) sites, myself, and I've still got a few problems to iron out. I may end up returning to this thread to ask some questions of my own...

Comment

Okay, here's a question. (I hope someone is still reading this board!)

I'm adding the new Google Analytics code to some websites created in Actinic v7. Several posts (e.g. this one by wjcampbe) say to add the Google Analytics code to the main template files:

Act_PrimaryCheckout.html
                            Act_PrimaryCart.html
                            Act_Primary.html
                            Act_BrochurePrimary.html

... with Act_PrimaryCheckout.html covering the pages in the checkout process. However, this post, by Eileen, says to add the tracking code to the end of each of the Act_Orderxx.html templates, allowing each checkout page to be tracked individually.

If I do both, I get two copies of the tracking code on the checkout pages. To prevent the duplication, should I just omit the tracking code from Act_PrimaryCheckout.html? Are there any pages that use Act_PrimaryCheckout.html that don't also use one of the Act_Orderxx.html templates? Would omiting the tracking code from Act_PrimaryCheckout.html cause me any problems?

Thanks to anyone who can answer!

Comment

Originally posted by omp199 View Post
                              To prevent the duplication, should I just omit the tracking code from Act_PrimaryCheckout.html?
                              What I ended up doing was including the tracking code in both places (because there were a couple of pages that used Act_PrimaryCheckout.html without using any of the Act_Orderxx.html templates), and adding a JavaScript variable to the tracking code in Act_PrimaryCheckout.html to stop it from executing if it was encountered for a second time.

Perhaps someone else will find this idea useful...

Code:
                                  var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.Full Name.protocol) ?
                                  "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
                                  document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +
                                  "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
                              </script>
                              if (this.pageviewTracked === void 0) {
                                  var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxxx-x");
                                  pageTracker._initData();
                                  pageTracker._trackPageview();
                                  this.pageviewTracked = true;
                              }
                              </script>

Comment

Help Analytic problems

We are trying to set up Google's analytic thingy into Version 7 Actinec and have looked through all the previous posts and they look like they will help us......... However, being mumpties, and this may be a really obvious question, but........ where and how do you enter the code? (we have got all the necessary from Google but just don't know where to enter it into Actinec!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                                Karen

Comment

Working...
                                X