Daves guide to Google Analytics with Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Harpoonlouis,

Sorry but I don't have any experience with Worldpay.

Hopefully another forum member can help you out.....

Comment

Javascript error in basket

I have a problem with this section of Paul's idea of using the Act_ShoppingCartXML template:
      <script type="text/javascript">
      <!- utmi += " UTM:I|" + utmordernumber + "|NETQUOTEVAR:PRODREF|NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME|STOCK BAGS|" + utmprice + "|NETQUOTEVAR:QUANTITY";-->
      </script>
      The QUANTITY variable works OK within a script on the checkout pages whre it is simply a text field. However, in the Basket, NETQUOTEVAR:QUANTITY is replaced by something like:
      <SPAN CLASS="actxsmall" id="xxxxx_QTY"><INPUT TYPE=TEXT SIZE="4" NAME="Q_0" VALUE="1" STYLE="text-align: right;">
      This results in a javascript error on the basket page as the script sees a closing " and then expects a ;

Any ideas?
      ActiveStock
      On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
      **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
      Free 30 Day Trial
      ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to use Paul's code (editing act_shoppingcartxml rather then order04) on a site that has been recently built.
        GA is showing transactions with total costs and goals but nothing specific to products.

I have removed the "display:none;" and can see the following form on my receipt

UTM:T|JE54NU20000017|affiliation|54.82|tax|shipping|city|state|United&nbsp;Kingdom<BR>
        UTM:I|JE54NU20000017|NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE|NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME|category|price|quantity

Am I passing the right variables?
        Thanks

Roy
        www.virtuaffinity.com

Comment

Roy
          Where did you put the script that generates this bit?
          UTM:I|JE54NU20000017|NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE|NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME|category|price|quantity
          Each section of the Act_ShoppingCartXML.html template can only see certain NETQUOTEVAR variables, so this bit needs to go just before "<!-- Order line end -->"

Richard.
          ActiveStock
          On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
          **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
          Free 30 Day Trial
          ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Richard,

i ended up using the order04 method in the end. i have it all working except for the category, but i can live without that.

Cheers

Roy
            www.virtuaffinity.com

Comment

Hi,

I've just joined the community and have done a search on adding Google Analytics. This thread has some brilliant tips - thanks all.

However, it's still all a bit much for a newbie and I haven't plucked up the courage to do it myself. Is there anyone out there that can do it for me (for a fee of course)? I asked Actninic and they advised I ask on the community.

If so, feel free to contact me off-line (I think is the correct procedure?)

Hopefully, as my experience grows I will be able to give some advice and tips myself which I look forward to being able to do.

Again, many thanks for this great community of Actininc users!

Regards,
              Dorian.
              Dorian
              ------
              www.itmustbegreen.co.uk
              Fair-Trade & Eco-Friendly

Comment

Dorian - it would be best to delete your email address from your post, people will be able to contact you through your publlic profile.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thanks Mark for that - I have done so now.
                  Dorian
                  ------
                  www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

Order04.html page

hi after reading a few things to do with google analytics and i see for it to work properly that i would have to re-upload my order04 file each time else i would loose the data feed through to google, i tried adding the altered info to Act_ShoppingCartXML.html but the right information wasnt passed to google.

Has anyone sorted the problem of order04 file, from what i read you couldnt add this to act_order04 because it would send google wrong. has anyone got any info on this ? from the info i have seen that it sends to google its really going to be handy, could i add a downloaded edited copy of order04 and it to my additional files for actinic to upload? or would actinic upload that then over write it with its newer version ?

thanks
                    hope you all had a good xmas and didnt eat to much
                    James
                    ------------------
                    ModelPower.co.uk - Quality Batteries - Affordable Prices

Comment

New Google tracking code available so dont forget to update your sites

Comment

GA - New Code

Hi guys, just about to add GA to my site, luckily some much information so will read this through again as I make the changes.

Has the new code made any changes to the process of getting it to work, it does look quite different (ga.js code).

Are there any new pitfalls to watch out for.

If any one can shed some light on this I would be gratefull, that is the impact of the new code in V7 thanks MAsh
                        Mash

Comment

Just an FYI - I asked if Actinic could install the code for me on my site and they quoted me up to £1,000.
                          Dorian
                          ------
                          www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

Not bad for a couple of hours work (max).
                            Regards
                            David

Comment

Just upgrade to V9 and its all built in for you using the new GA code!

Comment

Any idea when that will be? That would be very useful.
                                I've been paying out £500 pcm to Google Adwords for the last 4 months without being able to track properly!
                                PPC brings me about 90% of my business as it's a new site and SEO takes time to build up so I started with PPC.
                                Dorian
                                ------
                                www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X