Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROTX to become Sage Pay?!

From PROTX: 09/04/09
    We're always working to enhance our payment solutions, but are now moving towards more sophisticated integrations with Sage to enable customers to reconcile bank accounts or link to their payroll software via our payment platform. With this in mind and because we want all of our customers to benefit from working with one of the UK's most trusted business brands, we've decided to take our place within the Sage family and change our name to Sage Pay.

also
    After the switch on 21 April 2009, our services will be as reliable as ever, but you will notice some improvements, including:
    • 24/7 telephone and email support
    • Premium fraud screening packages
    • Merchant services offering
    • Outsourced payment solutions to help you become PCI DSS compliant
    Does this mean they've got into bed with Security Metrics?
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

PSML, i have someone who hates sage (but uses protx - odd i know)
    I think that wont go down well
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Fergus, where did you get the info, can't find it on their site?
      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

It was just a matter of time. I remember discussing this some time ago here and wondering when it would happen.

Comment

If they go with Security Metrics I'll be moving my one remaining Protx site to AP.
          Ben
          http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chunkesolutions View Post
            Fergus, where did you get the info, can't find it on their site?
            http://protx.gtml1.com/Protxlz/lz.as...507755S092&p=0
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

So, Actinic Sales open tomorrow or Monday? Goodbye Protx.

Comment

Hi,

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about our change of name to Sage Pay as well as supply any technical information you may require.

Please feel free to message me or email me through this forum and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Just a note in relation to the comment about 'Outsourced payment solutions to help you become PCI compliant'. We understand that depending on your business, you may require different levels of compliance. Actinic users using our Form integration will be aware that the capture, storage and transmission of card details is achieved securely by Protx/Sage Pay, removing the responsibility for that element of compliance for you.

With some of our other integration methods we have looked to provide a payment page within an iFrame that can offer flexibility, customisation, continuity of look and feel but all done capturing sensitive card details on our own secure servers. This is developed entirely by us and not through partnership.

We are, however, able to seek compliance advice through TrustWave, as we are often the point of contact for our customers and their questions and concerns about PCI compliance. For more information about this, please contact me and I will be more than happy to discuss this with you further.

As a staff member of Protx for some good time now, I am very pleased and excited with this evolution and I look forward to the added benefits we will be able to offer our customers and I hope you will contact me if you have any concerns.

Kind regards,

Joe
                Protx/Sage Pay
                Sage Pay Support

Comment

Hi Joe

Support have said that the new sage pay URL's in Actinic will be changed as part of the 9/0/4 upgrade, how that leaves other Actinic versions I am not sure. But they are working on it.
                  In the meantime I am assuming that we will be bounced of the protx site to sage pay for a few months, so don't need to panic before the 21st ?

Regards

Nigel
                  Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

I can tell things are going to get very, very messy.

I hope Protx/Sage Pay intend to have some form of procedure in place so current URL's pointing to the Protx server will automatically re-direct to Sage Pay payment pages and still carry over the payment info from the merchant site?

Comment

Hi,

The payment URL's will be changing however we will perform forwarding if the old URL's are called up, and this will be the case for some considerable time. They should redirect accordingly. I would, however, encrouage anyone that wishes to change to the new URL's to do so, as to avoid the need for forwarding.

If you need a list of the URL's please let me know.

Kind regards,

Joe
                      Sage Pay Support

Comment

Joe_Protx: Can u give us a step by step guide what exactly we need to change within actinic and any associated scripts?

I actually called protx on friday and spoke to a very unhelpful woman who hadn't even heard of actinic and had no advice to give at all. Im seriously thinking about moving over to AP next week unless protx or sage pay sort out this confusion.

Comment

Hi

It is Actinic that will change the url's and I am assured by support that the development team are working on it and they will be posting here with details, so they say. Lets hope one is talking to the other and integration with sage pay is not being put on the back burner now Actinic has it's own psp.

Nigel
                          Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

All appears to be functioning as we expected however if anyone is having any issues today please let me know so I can try and resolve them for you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Joe
                            Sage Pay
                            Sage Pay Support

Comment

hi, joe, not very impressed with the look of the new sage payments page for actinic.
                              The squiggle at the top next to sage looks very messy, not very profesional for a payment page.

We use actinic payments as a back up but are switching things round so actinic payments will be default, sage/protx as backup.
                              wesley
                              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
                              X