Actinic PSP Pending Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem, V9

I have the same problem, I think, as Tamsin. Orders come into Actinic, Pending Payment Service Provider tab. Order therefore not despatched by us. A while later, sometimes weeks, a customer contacts us, "Where is my order?". We search on SagePay (all our payments go through them initially) - they are in failed payments. We search on PayPal and find successful payment there. We apologise to the customer and despatch the goods. Not good.

We have so many orders in the Pending Payment tab that we cannot check every one - it would be a full-time job for somebody, and requiring more than the minimum wage. They would also have to be able to access an Actinic orders screen (another workstation), and have access to both the SagePay and PayPal logins to check the payments (at the moment only accessible by myself and would like to keep it like that).

We have a warning in our Checkout to contact us if they do not receive the confirmation emails, are not taken back to our receipt page, and do not receive an order shipped email, but unfortunately many people do not read anything - just like those who type their credit card number in the Name field for their address.

Can anybody confirm whether this problem is caused by the customer not clicking the return to website link on PayPal, as previously suggested, or whether this would make no difference.

Sarah

Comment

Why don't you stop accepting PayPal via SagePay, and offer PayPal as a separate payment option?
      We had SagePay and PayPal until recently, as separate PSPs, and never had any problems such as those described here.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Been there, done that

Hello Jules. We had them separate for years, until we found that PayPal did not give us sellers' protection, and we lost out when customers raised claims on PayPal, even though we could supply proof of delivery. We now have full sellers' protection with all the PayPal transactions when they go via SagePay. We can also check the fraud score by The Third Man on SagePay for all transactions - we check this several times a day and act on it.

I think we had just as many problems as described (orders going into Pending) when we had the payment methods separate, proportionately (we had fewer orders then).

Sarah

Comment

Any news?

Regarding an earlier comment:

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
          1. The first one, well known and understood, is that if the customer doesn't follow the return link to the receipt page, then no customer email is sent.
          Does this have a resolution?
          Kind regards,
          Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
          http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

I don't know but would be interested if Actinic could tell us.

I do know Actinic were keen to try and change this in V10 while updating the checkout process but there was a big question around whether it could be included or not.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Have you tried the solution here: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=47541 ?

Cos we use it and get far fewer missing emails now.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
              X