Children In Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kathynewman
    Jan - sounds like great idea - especially the order forwarding bit - save me a job I just volunteered for!!Kathy
    I was thinking that I could also forward them onto a central person, who would collate the results and make sure that the right amount of money was sent to the charity. We have to be careful that we are all covered against suggestions of fraud in this evil world that we live in.

I volunteer to shop as well - I'm good at that.

Payment - could we ask people to pay by check, with the checks made out to children in need perhaps, troublesome to process but easy.

Cheers,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

pudsey has his own paypal account?

maybe worth using that
      Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
      Current project:
      cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
      cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
      Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

how could you check that an order was paid then though?
        Tracey

Comment

sounds good jan - agree about the having to be careful - think if we are going down the shop selling donated goods route we need to work out P&P first then can work out taking payments. I'd be happy to donate the cost of shipping as well as goods but we'd have to see what everyone else thought.

Kathy
          Kathy Newman

Comment

ermmm mmmmmm mmmmm

BTW is this the longest post on this forum?
            Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
            Current project:
            cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
            cheaplingerie4u.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
              how could you check that an order was paid then though?
              Not sure you could if it was pudsy paypal account.

Kathy (this is so much more fun than spending Friday night redesigning the website which is what I'm supposed to be doing!)
              Kathy Newman

Comment

If we go down the central site idea, the traffic hitting the site will be forum members and people who have donated only. There is no SEO possibilities to drive traffic in this amount of time. I might be able to get some press exposure but it would be a longshot.

We do have to protect against fraud accusations, but i for one do not want to have to go down the legal route, i want something unofficial, off the cuff and void of red tape. I am completely happy for either Kathy or Jan to manage that side. I would suggest that each product has a set format:

Total Price: £12.00
                Shipping Cost Included: £2.00
                Donation to CiN: £10.00

No charge for shipping across the site.

We come up with a set template for each section, which has a set method detailing the company that has donated the products in that section. You simply provide an image to a set size, your company name and your URL.

I like the idea of the site being live for the Friday, BUT the team of designers will dictate whether this is sensible.

Paypal account, no checks for me, too messy chasing up and never knowing whether they cleared etc.

Comment

hmmm..donating the shipping as well as the goods...that's a hefty extra %age on the calendars but, for the quantity involved, I'm sure it could be done
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    Total Price: £12.00
                    Shipping Cost Included: £2.00
                    Donation to CiN: £10.00

No charge for shipping across the site.
                    agreed, better idea

Paypal account, no checks for me, too messy chasing up and never knowing whether they cleared etc.
                    agreed again. A central paypal account which can be used to pay to the pudsy account after the "event" would be a better idea
                    Tracey

Comment

Agree paypal would be best way to go. That way we could pay back shipping if not donated - agree depending on items and quantity people may not be able to donate shipping as well as goods.

Kathy
                      Kathy Newman

Comment

Donations of products include the shipping, you guys donating know the shipping costs, so alter your donations accordingly and let me know. For each product we would want an 800 x 800 image (if possible), the details, the price, the shipping and the donation amount. I could provide a set product spreadsheet for this to make it easy.

If we market each section towards the business donating, then they get something back, any donated products that go out of stock, remain on there and people can know where to go and get them should they want an item that is now out of stock on the donation site.

Getting closer me thinks?

Comment

whats the postage on a track bike??
                          Current project:
                          cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                          cheaplingerie4u.co.uk

Comment

Nil you razz the bloody thing there for them!

Comment

Getting closer me thinks?
                              Yes think we are Lee - do you want me to co-ordinate the donations side of things?

Kathy
                              Kathy Newman

Comment

Does that mean you want to be project manager?
                                That would be a good idea though yes, i will try and round up on the software and design side and you do the donations?

Comment

Working...
                                X