Children In Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kathynewman
    Yes think we are Lee - do you want me to co-ordinate the donations side of things?

Kathy

Kath just thinking what i have

can we tweak my donation to £100 of consumables ( inks and paper etc) and ill confirm with you what it will be

might even have a few costumes for people

ill confirm once we have made contact, and ive been down to my lockup in the morning
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      Does that mean you want to be project manager?
      That would be a good idea though yes, i will try and round up on the software and design side and you do the donations?
      Erm - maybe - though think if we split the project management between us (and anyone else who wants to volunteer!) would be best. You do software/design I'll do donations/Admin?

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

I'm happy to do anything required.

Comment

Lee - I am manic on the day shift until Christmas but if I can help out on the design front at night let me know and will help if I can.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Cheers Jont, it'd be great to have you on board.

Comment

How about this idea, each person wanting to donate goods, add's a section to their own shop with the good, then the site built could link to that shop rather than take the purchase itself.

Benefits :

No need for a paypal account
              Easier to remove admin/cc costs from the donation (but the item on the site must say Donate to CIN £xx)
              More coverage because as well as the community people we have all of the sites usuall customers as well.

Disadvantages :

Harder to write?
              Bit messy
              People donating items have to do their own site work
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                People donating items have to do their own site work
                With the best will in the world, this would prevent many (including us) from being able to donate at this point in the year

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Refunds ... how will that be handled - say for example someone buys my £300 worth of software, the money is given to charity and then they ask for a refund - or how about if the supplied goods are faulty?

Would a non refundable statement on the website resolve this issue?

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Anyone having the donated item/auction page on their site can expect many requests for more freebies from other allegedly worthwhile causes... FACT.
                    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                      Would a non refundable statement on the website resolve this issue?
                      I don't think so as the items are still being sold the various red tape is still in place - otherwise surely any website could say it is for charity and not offer full customer cover / refunds etc.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

How can this be coped with then?

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by george
                          Anyone having the donated item/auction page on their site can expect many requests for more freebies from other allegedly worthwhile causes... FACT.
                          Definately a bad idea then.

Regards,

Comment

Hadn't thought about refunds - need to have a think about this one.

Kathy
                            Kathy Newman

Comment

I didn't mean it was a bad idea, in fact, in many peoples eyes its possibly the best idea as their own customers will notice the donation and possibly bid for something that they might be buying anyway, your paper for example. Just an issue to be aware of thats all.

I doubt ANYONE would want a refund on a charitable purchase unless its faulty, then of course the manufacturer will still have responsibility. Non payment could be a bigger problem. Also consider VAT, depending of course, how the donation is done. (If its direct to Piddle Pets for a cat fountain then they have to show VAT, but not of course, of its a direct payment to the CiN fund).

*Disclaimer: I have personal issues about self publicity when donating to charity or any other worthwhile causes which I won't go into here but its something I feel strongly about so have to be careful when I'm posting on this thread.
                              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                                If we pull this off it will be remembered for years, something great for us all. If we can crack the software, the hosting and who wants a site built, i think the rest will just fall into place, they are the critical factors IMO.

Where's DJ with his acronyms and critical project paths when you need him.
                                I was down the pub sorry mate...

I am B.O.B. now to assist where needed and would propose myself for SEO and or P.M.

If we keep the concept within the K.I.S.S. format we should all be AOK
                                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                                X