Clear All

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post
    which still only supported one active user at a time
    <blatantplug>*ahem* Actinet. </blatantplug>

Comment

<blatantplug>*ahem* Actinet. </blatantplug>
      No idea what you are talking about gabe - can you explain please

Comment

Actinet does not care how many users are on your network, it lets unlimited people edit products, on any version of Actinic, from as many locations as you like.

'twas a crude plug, in a torrid thread, i'll not do it again.

Comment

are these some kinda new plugs to stop all the bugs coming out

Comment

corks. big honkin cyber corks.

Comment

Why dont you tell people what you are working on chris as it would stop alot of the slagging on the forum
              Because there is always the remote possibility that a feature we promise ends up getting pulled at the 11th hour for various reasons. And that's a horrible thing.

I am working on a list at the moment of the performance improvements for when people test the beta version. I'll stick it on here as soon as it's ready.

Comment

Because there is always the remote possibility that a feature we promise ends up getting pulled at the 11th hour for various reasons. And that's a horrible thing
                Agreed BUT talking to your main users who understand this would go a long way IMO

Comment

Agreed BUT talking to your main users who understand this would go a long way IMO
                  Even if you knew, you wouldn't be able to tell anyone, you would be put under a non disclosure agreement, which could be quite frustrating at times.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Malcolm

I was only quoting what was said above by CD

(the license terms say 20,000 and I believe the v7 ones say 10,000)

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken View Post
                      Because there is always the remote possibility that a feature we promise ends up getting pulled at the 11th hour for various reasons. And that's a horrible thing.
                      I'd look into this and ask myself if 19 items get through out of each 20, would i prefer 19 positives and one negative. I think many people would agree, it's a resounding yes. If most do not get in, then i'd agree in not disclosing. Your users need to be engaged, maybe even a look at future hopes or enhancements.

If you do not relate any good news, you cannot expect to hear anything but bad news yourself. When you give us an expected release date which will not happen, you come on openly and honestly explaining why and telling us the new expected date. Why can you not engage users on your new features in the same manner?

It seems to me that on PR you shoot yourself in the foot and then moan your foot has a hole in it. You gotta let the good news flow too, otherwise you will spend valuable time modding/discussing things instead of improving the KB or AUG for example.

This single item upload is massive and even if it failed for this release, just knowing what you are working on would be a massive boost to hear - it sounds great and a fix for many of the problems. An off the cuff comment in an obscure thread is not the way something so potentially massive should be dribbled out IMO.

Comment

How about an rss feed, spinning off an ideas or development blog.

i hate the lack of info we get from Actinic towers, this is not making me or anyone else feel comfortable. Your minor paranoia about leaked features, coupled with your worry that your ideas might not be finished is fine, as long as we know they they will come eventually.

Please listen to your customers

Please show us you re doing things, not tell us

Please dont patch this with a quick fix, make it a long term promise

You guys need some sort of dev blog.

Comment

Even if you knew, you wouldn't be able to tell anyone, you would be put under a non disclosure agreement, which could be quite frustrating at times.
                          Who would I tell - ive worked under actinic non disclosures before and they are fine by me.

Developers have many many clients and new ones coming on all the time - the problem for Actinic is that if developers stop using the software not only will they loose many sales but they will loose contributions to the forum. Simply knowing what is round the corner will stop 90% of the bad press on the forum IMO as developers will be more reserved in thier posts.

As lee says the single page updates is huge news and if a few people had known about it earlier then perhaps all the bad press about the slowness of v9 would never have happend ie I know it would not because I started it

Comment

I know it will sound like crap just cos this has come out today, but on Monday i actually advised a guy not to use actinic as he wanted around 8,000 products but needed to update the site very quickly (custom orders needing a quick upload being the main reason). I refused work, you may have lost a new customer and a competitor probably picks up a new user - surely that is madness because of a lack of communication? He wasn't a certainty to come with me, nor a certainty to use actinic of course, but the fact that a lack of future product knowledge from me could have been the main killing point is a real shame IMO.

Comment

but on Monday i actually advised a guy not to use actinic as he wanted around 8,000
                              I advised another yesterday not to use actinic for similar reasons and lack of remote access. Its not the first I have turned away either.

Comment

it has to be said that Actinic is not the best solution for everyone - thus it is a developers job to assess and reject if necessary.

it does make me wonder how many developers have turned down upgrade work and advised website owners to stay put as their current pre 8 site just is not viable on 8 nor 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X