Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGLIGHTING View Post
    my snapshot is about 60meg what would be the best way of sending it
    Krithika will send you FTP details in the morning when she comes online.
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

you could also use sendbigfile

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        Strong pigeon please Elliott.....
        I will Send the pigeon now. It should get by 9. LOL
        Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

OK this was really confusing me so Ive just unpacked a new DELL XPS Laptop so its never had actinic on it and downloaded .0.3 from the actinic website. All went well with no obvious problems.

I then took an 8.5.3 site and upgraded it again no problems, I then checked every section and product and they all looked normal. Following upload again the site was normal with non of the problems that have been reported today.

I have also upgraded a 9.0.1 site and that was ok as well so I can only assume Ben is correct and it is the same release as the beta as to why others sites are having problems I have no ideas at all

So i have 9,0,3 running on three different machines and they all work OK

Comment

9.03 should not be available for download until this is fixed surely? It's not like it's one person, it's many. Pull it and fix it. Probably something simple. There are going to be some inexperienced users out there who will just upgrade without snapshots etc. and will be unable to roll back easilly. It went wrong. It happens. But please save a few hundred users from 2am sessions by pulling the download now.

I don't like feeling like a beta tester with a full release so I'll stick to .02 until this is sorted.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

That's exactly me !

Just experienced one of these long nights after jumping onto the same problem as others, after reading about this excellent upgrade to save time on upload ! I have a 10 000 product site..so wow, I was urged to upgrade..

Well...same as many, I upgraded from 9.02 to 9.03 and I have missing products, and every upload fails, and I notice the refresh fails just when the check on html finish..don't know if it can help..

Anyway, is there any chance that this could be resolved quickly ?

Every upload with 9.02 takes me the best part of the day !

And of course, we should stop the massacre adn disable this download...I passed the whole night on it..I have not finished and it's 6 am (in France) !
              Patrick
              http://www.body-piercing-jewellery.com/
              http://www.bioflex-wholesale-body-pi...suppliers.com/
              http://www.jewellery-stones-supplies.com

Comment

Can I just confirm that a "roll back" is completely uninstall V9.0.3 and then a fresh install on v9.0.2 ? (couldnt find a smiley for pished off)

And, can I take a snapshot from V9.0.3 and import it into V9.0.2?

Comment

Peter - you can install v9.0.2 over the to of the v9.0.3 without unistalling. You get a warning message "are you sure you want to down grade the site" ... accept and away it installs.

Once installed start Actinic and reinstate your ACD from prior to upgrade. Do not import anything from v9.0.3 into v9.0.2. You wont have any orders in v9.0.3 to worry about.

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Morning Elliott
                    my snapshot is about 60meg what would be the best way of sending it
                    Please email me so I can send you the FTP details of my support server space.

Strong pigeon please Elliott.....
                    .....LOL

Cheers
                    Krithika Chandrasekar
                    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

"reinstate your ACD from prior to upgrade"

Can you explain what ACD is please?

Comment

acd is your backup snapshot
                        Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                        Current project:
                        cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                        cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                        Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

ACD is the snapshot backup your create under File > Snapshot ... ACD refers to the file extension .. eg backup.acd

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

My advice is to treat the current download like you would beta software and completely uninstal it then rename the v9 file left in mydocuments.

Go to the actinic support/versions page and reinstal 9.0.2. Then import your snapshot back. I know it takes longer but months of beta testing has taught me that it's the best way to ensure that all of there previous version is removed.

Comment

Well, the upgrade killed the Stinkyinkshop so we are back to 9.01 and waiting for more information from Actinic towers. Exactly the same as all the other problems reported - no products in sections.
                              John Sollars
                              MD at Stinkyink.Com
                              Ph 01746 781020
                              Fx 01746 781698
                              Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Theres a lot to be said for making all new versions separate installations in my opinion.

At the very least it would keep current sites more active when a problem (with the newest release) occurs.

I know of no other software that needs installing, uninstalling and so on. How much `crap` is being left on your pc (inc registry) each time?
                                Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                                X