No announcement yet.

v9.0.3 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to let everyone know, frustratingly we have decided to take v9.0.3 offline while we get to the bottom of the missing products problem.

I know there are many of you using v9.0.3 without any issue, however the number of people on the community reporting problems is too great for me to be comfortable with this release.

I will keep the community updated with our progress, in the mean time anyone who has reported this problem will be contacted individually.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but quality is our highest priority.
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

How much `crap` is being left on your pc
      Exactly the reason I do a full uninstall each time rather than upgrading.

Comment

Anyone know when 11.0.5 is due out?
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve View Post
          Anyone know when 11.0.5 is due out?
          In about an hour
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
            Even a full un-install can leave crap behind with some programs. I can't say for Actinic as I haven't tried to uninstall but with other programs a scan through the registry after an uninstall can still find references to the program.

I experienced the upload problem during beta testing but it was a minor irritation rather than a major problem as a refresh sorted it out. However the sites I am working with are not large sites and a multi threaded program like the new upload needs a lot of synchronisation to work properly. I wonder how many really big sites went through beta testing.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
            Custom Packages

Comment

Even a full un-install can leave crap behind with some programs
              . Yes I know but it the best most normal people can do to protect themselves.

I wonder how many really big sites went through beta testing.
              Depends what you call large but I tested one at over 10,000 products with SPP and it was OK

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                Just to let everyone know, frustratingly we have decided to take v9.0.3 offline while we get to the bottom of the missing products problem...
                And in the meantime, whilst there are no problems on some installations and some on others, do we all revert back to 9.0.2 or just those who are broken?

For those that are not broken do we continue working on 9.0.3?

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                  Just out of interest, is it better to clear out the on-line web folder as well when upgrading Actinic?

Comment

is it better to clear out the on-line web folder
                    I never bother as it will be overwritten on the next upload or refresh

Comment

For those that are not broken do we continue working on 9.0.3?
                      IMO NO - treat it as beta software and remove it is my advice. I am rolling all my clients back to 9.0.2

Comment

Can no longer download V9.0.2 either

There is no 9.0.2 download link...

Comment

And another one.

We've just upgraded 2 sites from 9.02 to 9.03.

We have a small site which was created in v9 using an Actinic theme - and it's fine in 9.03.

The other - our main site, 3,000 products - has been being going for donkeys years with custom templates/layouts. It worked fine up until 9.02, now 9.03 has brought us that erratic missing products problem - nearly all the products are missing.

The back-end preview isn't consistent with what ends up on the website, either - some products appear in Preview but then not on the site.

I wonder if the problem is with upgraded layouts/custom themes, as both our sites are on the same server, same version of Actinic, but one works and one doesn't.

Good luck with the fix :-)
                          Lisa
                          www.alanaecology.com

Comment

you can get .0.2 by downloading the trial software on the main actinic website as .0.3 has been removed

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
                              Can no longer download V9.0.2 either

There is no 9.0.2 download link...
                              The link is restored.

Ben
                              Benjamin Dyer
                              CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Carey View Post
                                that erratic missing products problem - nearly all the products are missing.

The back-end preview isn't consistent with what ends up on the website, either - some products appear in Preview but then not on the site.
                                I didn't think Actinic took me seriously when I reported this during beta testing. I found that re-installing then importing snapshot twice seemed to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X