No announcement yet.

Moved Host site wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI this is really critical now, my customer normally takes £10k per week from the store but on-one can log in it keeps saying invalid path when they try to click log in.
    I have the folder acatalog set to 777 and cgi-bin in the publichtml area set to 755
    but for some reason it will will not work.

I cant get to the PC for the network settings until later this morning but I need to get this fixed asap.

Comment

Ok I have made a little progress now - having a folder called cgi-bin in the publichtml folder is not allowed by heart so I remaned it CGI, but when it goes for the /acatalog/ it does this error:

Error: Error opening configuration file ../onlinestore/A000.cat. No such file or directory
      checked permissions and it seems to be there.

My other worrt is getting the orders downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by markormiston View Post

An error occurred trying to read "../onlinestore/"

The path to the web site directory you specified (../onlinestore/) points to a file.

The web site directory is not readable.
        The web site directory is not writable.
        Unable to create a file in the web page directory.

No such file or directory

Unable to create a sub-directory in the web site directory.

No such file or directory
        Again - does this directory exist?

Is the shop name actually onlinestore in the network set up?

Have you tried using the network wizard?

Have you considered changing the cgi-bin ID?

Could you post a screenshot from Web > Network Setup ?

Finally, remote access is key when you hit problems and do not have the actual PC with you. We use GoToMyPC and LogMeIn. Could not operate without it.

--Edit--

Cross-posting. sorry.
        You say onlinestore does exist. Try the network wizard from scratch.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

the directory does exist - i remaned cgi bin to CGI but did it via FTP and have not uploaded the new setings yet - getting remote access is difficult but I have a guy on site from 8am until 8pm normally.

Not tried the wizard we are running version 9 and I heard there were issues getting it to run correctly? should I just delete the whole hosting account and upload again?

Comment

Ticking Ordering Suspended in Business Settings > Ordering would be what I'd do first just in case you manage a successful upload but there are tweaks to be made.
            There could be orders sitting there which you need to download so you can't just clear all the files.
            I'd use the Network Wizard from scratch. That's how most people start.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

There are no orders in there as the site on the new host has never worked.

Comment

Hi Mark,

This may be a shot in the dark, but worth a try as I had a similar issue to yours in the past.

Try creating a new FTP account, with separate user name and password, with access restricted to your SellerDeck folder on the web server, as opposed to your root public_html folder

Then re-run the network settings/wizard, etc using your new FTP account details

This has worked for me in the past

Also, the cgi-bin folder is a 'special' folder for want of a better word! Simply creating one or renaming another one often doesn't work. Check to make sure that your new provider has created a system 'cgi-bin' folder one level below your root SellerDeck folder on your new webspace. This is the folder you need access to, no other will do

Best regards

Comment

Ok I am a little closed I renamed the cgi-bin folder to cgi and it wil allo access to the folder and when i reference the login page as lrtipping.co.uk/cgi/xxxxxxx it works for the log in page but the config has not been uploaded with the new cgi settings yet I am confident it will work then.

Comment

Is it a shared server or is it a VPS/Dedicated server?

I use Heart and the settings for shared are different to VPS
                    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

its a shared server - we are almost there as it can see the new CGI bin

Comment

Ok the previous web company placed the files on the root directory under Publib_html there are some hardcoded links in the site design.

These are the settings now but we still seem to have issues making any purchases.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
                        HTTPPROXYADDRESS
                        HTTPPROXYPORT 80
                        HTTPPROXYUSER
                        HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
                        FTPPROXYMODE 0
                        FTPPROXYADDRESS
                        FTPPROXYPORT 21
                        FTPPROXYUSER
                        FTPPROXYPASSWORD
                        SCRIPTID 1
                        SCRIPTEXT .pl
                        SMTPHOST localhost
                        WEBSITEURL http://www.lrtipping.co.uk
                        IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
                        USERELATIVECGIURLS false
                        PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
                        USEENHANCEFTP true
                        FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
                        FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
                        FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
                        FTPSILENT false
                        FTPMAXRETRIES 3
                        FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
                        SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
                        SMTPUSERNAME
                        SMTPPASSWORD
                        COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
                        COMPRESSEDUPLOAD false
                        CATALOGURL http://www.lrtipping.co.uk/
                        ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
                        CGIBINURL http://www.lrtipping.co.uk/cgi/
                        PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../
                        CODEBASE ./
                        FTPHOST
                        FTPUSERNAME
                        FTPPASSWORD
                        PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi/
                        USEPASSIVEFTP true
                        FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Comment

If you're using /acatalog/ as the online store folder, as in:

ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
                          then you need this:

CATALOGURL http://www.lrtipping.co.uk/acatalog/

and this

PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ok we also have the Checkout Button and the basket button hardcoded to cgi-bin where do we change those settings?

Also if I point it at /acatalog/ what do I do with the files in the root or does it function normally or does it require a redirect.

Comment

I don't know what files have been placed in the root folder but that's not how Actinic works.

You might be able to fudge it to make it work, but to be honest, based on the discussion so far, this is not something I'd recommend.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by markormiston View Post
                                Ok we also have the Checkout Button and the basket button hardcoded to cgi-bin where do we change those settings?

Also if I point it at /acatalog/ what do I do with the files in the root or does it function normally or does it require a redirect.
                                I asked ages ago if the folder was called onlinestore:
                                Is the shop name actually onlinestore in the network set up?
                                and you implied it was.
                                I also asked you to post a screenshot of the network settings from Web > Network Setup. You did not.
                                We suggested you use the wizard. Did you?
                                How are we supposed to help if you a) obfuscate and b) refuse to help yourself?

This is SO NOT COMPLICATED. Have you even read the help files? I'm not a designer and it was the first thing I did. If you can't sort out the network settings then how are you going to maintain the shop?

Comment

Working...
                                X