No announcement yet.

Error With Cgi-bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart sank when you answered the first question, sigh.............

Comment

I'm not familiar with fasthost's network settings and they have been notorious in the past for getting to work.

Having said that, some other people do use them so they might be able to help on whether there's a problem there or not.

Given that they previously worked, I'd leave the settings alone and check out the usual areas for errors to creep in:

1. Compact the database in Actinic. This will repair many errors that might have occurred in there.

2. Check that the Permissions are set on the acatalog and cgi-bin directories on the server are set as described - An ftp program will let you check these. Often a server upgrade will reset these.

3. After this try a network test rather than the wizard. The wizard helps set up the network settings, the network test is a better bet for testing settings that worked previously.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Still having problems

Thank you for the message.
        i have done as suggested and still having the same problem
        When I do a network setup test i get this error
        Thanks
        Graham

Comment

Did you try searching the forums for settings other people have used on Fasthosts (those that have been successful that is).

Comment

Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/" on the FTP server

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
            Did you try searching the forums for settings other people have used on Fasthosts (those that have been successful that is).
            Hi everyone, Please be patient with me this is the first forum I've ever joined. I have this same message about the cgi-bin.

Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/" on the FTP server.
            The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory

I have read most of the posts and have tried to fix the problem. but i still get the same message.

I'm with Fasthost, on windows7 64bit, The site was built & running in V8 and was built on an older PC but now broken. I've used an old snapshot to upload the site onto the new PC in Actinic V9 but when uploading to web get the same message above. The site has been dormant for about 2 years because of other commitments, I'm not the best with websites and all the jargon you guys and ladies are talking about. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Alan

my export:

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
            HTTPPROXYADDRESS
            HTTPPROXYPORT 80
            HTTPPROXYUSER
            HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
            FTPPROXYMODE 0
            FTPPROXYADDRESS
            FTPPROXYPORT 21
            FTPPROXYUSER
            FTPPROXYPASSWORD
            SCRIPTID 1
            SCRIPTEXT .pl
            SMTPHOST localhost
            WEBSITEURL http://www.alamoracing.com/
            IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
            USERELATIVECGIURLS false
            PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
            USEENHANCEFTP true
            FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
            FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
            FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
            FTPSILENT false
            FTPMAXRETRIES 3
            FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
            SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
            SMTPUSERNAME
            SMTPPASSWORD
            COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
            COMPRESSEDUPLOAD true
            CATALOGURL http://www.alamoracing.com/acatalog/
            ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
            CGIBINURL http://www.alamoracing.com/cgi-bin/
            PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../public_html/acatalog/
            CODEBASE ./
            FTPHOST ftp.alamoracing.com
            FTPUSERNAME *
            FTPPASSWORD *
            PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
            USEPASSIVEFTP true
            FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /public_html/acatalog/

(* Admin - Password and Username removed)

Comment

Hi Alan

Guess you have lost my number? anyway i trust your well and welcome.

************* FIRST *****************

Edit your post and delete your ftp username and password, now log into your webserver control panel and change it.

Now fasthost unfortunately does not have a very good track record around here, normally because of the many problems people have.

Some have managed to run actinic successfully with them so alot of it will be trial and error.

also install and ftp client, filezilla with do, then check your folder permissions. acatalog = 777 & the cgi-bin = 755

Have your tried running the wizard to get the correct settings, this is found through the menu bar in actinic by clicking
              web | configure website details

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

OK

Try these settings, using your ftp username and password i managed get a successful test in V9. you need to put your password back in as i have deleted it from the text file.

Darren
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X